How To Convert Your Wired Connection Into Wireless Network
Today in this article we are going to explain How to change your Office/Home Internet Connection into a Wifi-Hotspot.
Have a wired internet connection? Want other devices to connect to this network, Convert you wired connection into Wireless network.
What if you have a wired internet connection and you may want to connect other devices at your place to this connection. Now, if you own a Windows computer then there are chances that you can let other devices connect to the wired internet connection. For this you will need windows installed on your machine. There are couple of command line tricks that can actually turn your desktop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
It is actually not recently invented but has been there for quite a while. Although there have been significant changes in the process overtime. If you want to do the same, follow the process given below:
- Press Win+X to open the power user settings menu and choose “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Enter the following command, replacing the values for SSID and key with the network name and password you want: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=AdHoc key=password
- Execute the following command to start the network: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Search in the Start menu for “View network connections.”
- Right-click your main Ethernet connection and choose “Properties.”
- Under the “Sharing” tab, click the box labelled “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- In the drop down below the above box, choose the network connection that currently has internet access. Click OK.
After performing all these functions you should be able to see a new Wi-Fi network which is connected to your home internet. Now, since this network is created with the conjunction of Windows machine, so this new network will be only available until the windows machine is up and running. So after doing all this, have we replaced the router? The answer is no, we haven’t replaced the router but yes this gets your work done in a much cheaper way. Enjoy the Wi-Fi network in your devices with this really simple trick.