Indexa is a WordPress plugin that creates a table of contents in your post, page or custom post type.
Through the settings you can insert it before the content, after the content, using a widget in your sidebars or inline in the content using a shortcode. When a link in the table is clicked, the page smoothly scrolls towards the heading. Suitable for long articles with sections, documentation, tutorials and more.
- Choose post, page and/or custom post type to show a table of contents
- Specify the headings to include in the table
- Create table automatically only if there’s a specified amount of headings
- Set the necessary number of headings to create a table
- Add a table of contents section header
- Allow toggling the table of contents
- Fluid responsive
- Simple or nested counters in decimal or roman format
- Choose whether to show a “back to top” button
- Select to jump instantly to the headings or smoothly scroll the viewport towards them
- Preserve custom heading IDs and CSS classes
- Disable the TOC on a entry by entry basis
- Set a custom TOC header entry by entry or set a general one
- Includes widget and shortcode for alternative placement
- Customize colors and position in content
- Panel for custom CSS rules and properties so they’re preserved during upgrades or even if you change the site’s theme.
- Advanced users can take advantage of the filters included to modify the TOC markup output